In order to change the audience who is able to view your posts, you need to resort to changing the settings of Facebook public posts.
Perhaps, you have used our Create New Account Facebook, Facebook Sign Up and Facebook Sign In guides for getting started on Facebook. After you have added the people you know in your friend list, you may have a need to change the audience of users who are able to view your posts. Besides, you may be willing to share some posts with all the people on Facebook, whereas other posts have to be available only for your friends. Just follow the guidelines published below and enjoy a higher privacy!
In the first place, you have to get signed in to Facebook
- Go to the website of Facebook in the first place: https://www.facebook.com/.
After signing in to the social network, find the button of settings in the right-upper part of the page
- Log in to the social network, the way you usually do. Find the sign in form at the top of the page, enter your email and password, and click on the “Log In” button.
In the pop-up menu, you have to click on the “Settings” button
- Once you have logged in to Facebook, you need to go to the settings of Facebook public posts. In order to do so, find the button of settings (in the form of a pointer that is directed to the bottom) in the right-upper part of the page, located to the right from the security & privacy settings. Click on it.
In the menu of settings, you need to go to the section of privacy
- You will see a pop-up menu, in which you have to select “Settings.”
Edit who can see your posts here
- Then, you will get to see the page of settings. On the left, there will be a menu of settings. In that menu, you have to select “Privacy.”
This way you are able to change the audience of users who are able to view your Facebook public posts
- Once you have accessed the privacy section, the first setting will be the following: “Who can see my stuff?” Click on the “Edit” text button, placed in the first field.
- In another pop-up menu, you will be able to choose who can see your posts, namely: public, friends, or just you. Below, you have another option: “Custom.” By using that option, you can display posts to people from your area (NY area, for instance) or to the users from your university. Once you have made up your mind, click on the respective option. Now, your posts will be displayed to the people you have chosen.
When resorting to Facebook public posts, you can edit the audience that can view the post right below the post window
- You can also choose the people who you want to see your posts right when writing the post. Below the post window and to the left side from the “Post” button, find the “Friends” or “Public” or similar button – it depends who are the people who can see your posts currently. Click on that button and you will see a pop-up menu once again. In that menu, choose the respective audience and click on it.