A situation when someone is constantly sending spam letters, bothering or bullying you by sending emails to your Gmail address may, indeed, occur, and that’s something that is better to avoid. Thankfully, there is a possibility to block unwanted email address in Gmail, and this guide will show you how to do it, as well as how to manage your list of blocked addresses. Enjoy!
Prior you will get to block unwanted email address, you should log in to your mail
- In the first place, you should go to the Google’s website: http://www.google.com/.
Provide your login and proceed further
- There, you should spot the blue “Sign in” button, located in the right-upper corner. Give it a click.
After typing your password in, click on „Next”
- In the next window, you will have to type your email address in the given field in order to start the procedure of signing in to your account. Click on “Next.”
In order to access Gmail account, click on this text button
- Then, enter the password of your account and proceed further by clicking on “Next.”
Open the window of settings
- You will be redirected back to the Google’s main webpage. At the top, there will be the “Gmail” text button. Click on it.
In this section of your Gmail account’s settings, you can see what are the email addresses you have blocked
- After accessing your inbox in Gmail, open a pop-up menu of settings by clicking on the cogwheel button, located in the right-upper corner. Once you have triggered the pop-up menu, select “Settings” among other menu items.
Open the letter, sent from an email address you want to block
- On the page of settings, you should go to the section of “Filters and Blocked Addresses.” At the bottom, you will get to see the list of the addresses you have blocked. You can unblock an email address by clicking on the “Unblock” button near a respective address.
In order to block unwanted email address, click on the arrow button pointing down and, then, select “Block…”
- Now, let’s block an unwanted email address. Go to the inbox and open the letter from an email address you want to block.
If you want to finalize the process and block unwanted email address, click on “Block”
- Once the letter is opened, click on the button of an arrow pointing down, located near the letter’s date. You will get to see a pop-up menu, in which you have to select “Block…” Do so.
Now, you can see in your settings that a new email address has been to the list of blocked emails
- You will get to see a window, asking you whether you are sure about blocking that email address. Click on “Block.”
- Now, that email address is added to your list of blocked emails. You can see the newly added unwanted email address by going to Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses. The new address will be displayed at the bottom of the list.