Hotmail is, indeed, a highly popular provider of email services, and sometimes you need to change Hotmail password from the email account.
When it comes to change Hotmail password, Microsoft has made the procedure of doing it quite cumbersome. So, be ready to spend 5 minutes of your time for changing the password for your Outlook. If you want or need to do it, follow the guide written in simple English and published below.
💻 Change Hotmail Password on PC Step by Step:
- First Step. At first, open your browser and go to the website of MSN: https://www.msn.com/.
On the MSN website, select Outlook.com
- Second Step. In the menu of applications located in the upper part of the page, click on Outlook.com (it must be displayed as the first application).
Get signed in to Hotmail in order to get your Hotmail password changed
Enter your password and click on this button
- Third Step. After you have got to see the main webpage of Hotmail, enter your email in the sign in form and click on “Next”. Then, enter the password and click on the “Sign in” button.
In order to change Hotmail password, click on the icon of your profile
- Fourth Step. Now, you must see the inbox of your Outlook account. In order to change your Hotmail password, you need to click on the icon of your profile, placed in the right upper corner.
Then, you have to select “View account”
- Fifth Step. In the pop-up menu, you should click on “View account.”
On the page of account information, you need to find the “Change password” text button and give it a click
- Sixth Step. On the page of personal information, find a gray frame with your name, email, payment options, etc. Below your email address, there must be the “Change password” text button. Give it a click.
You need to get access by entering the verification code
- Seventh Step. You will be redirected back to the page of Hotmail. You have to verify that it is actually you who is attempting to enter the system. There, you have to enter the security code you will receive onto your email address or phone number. Choose the means of receiving the code and type the full email address or phone number in the field below. Then, click on “Send code.”
This way looks a letter with the verification code
- Eighth Step. Go to your inbox (or find in the mobile phone) and find a letter from Microsoft. Copy the security code into the field on the Hotmail page and click on the “Submit” button.
After you have typed the verification code in, click on “Submit”
- Ninth Step. Skip the offer from Microsoft by clicking on “Set it up later” and proceed further. On the first page, you will be able to set up a new password. In the first field, you have to enter the current password. In the following two fields, enter your new password. Then, click on the “Next” button.
Skip this stuff, at least for the time being
- Tenth Step. After it, you will get to see the page of security settings, displaying a notification that “Your information has been saved.”
Set up a new password for your Hotmail account
Finally, this procedure is finished
📱 Change Your Password or Reset Hotmail Account on a Mobile Phone:
There may always be a need to change your Hotmail password when you are away from a PC or laptop, and that tends to be quite a problem. Unfortunately, Hotmail does not provide its users with an opportunity to change Hotmail password on mobile devices – regardless whether it is going about doing so within the app or in a mobile browser. But in either case, we will explore how to access your security settings and where you can reset your account. Hopefully, Microsoft will implement the feature of changing Hotmail passwords on mobile devices, too! Let us know in the comments what you think about this matter ?.
Before you will be able to change any of your settings, you should tap this app icon and launch it
- The first thing you should do is to find the icon of the Hotmail app on your smartphone and tap on it. That will launch this mobile application.
Once you have got to see this page of the app, you should tap this button and proceed further
- Following it, you should tap on the “GET STARTED” button, which you can find on the main page of the app.
You can skip linking any other email account of yours by tapping here
- Once you have got to see the next page, you have to tap on the “SKIP” text button there.
Once you have entered your mobile address in the provided field, tap on this text button
- Now, you have to complete the Hotmail sign in procedure in order to access your account on Outlook in the first place. On the page you have just got to see now, you should type your email address in the provided field and tap on the “CONTINUE” button.
In order to access your Hotmail account, you should type the password in the provided field and tap here
- Following it, you will get to see the next page. There, you have to enter your Hotmail password and tap on the “Sign in” button.
You can skip adding any other accounts by tapping this text button
- Eventually, you will be offered by Microsoft to add linked accounts to your Hotmail app. At that point, you should tap on the “SKIP” text button in order to avoid doing it.
You are able to start editing the settings of your Hotmail account by tapping on this button
- Now, you have just accessed your inbox on Hotmail. If you wish to access the page of your Hotmail account’s settings, you have to tap on the “Settings” button, which can be found in the left-bottom part of the page.
Now, you have to select an account, the settings and password of which you want to edit
- Following it, you will get to see the page of your account’s settings with different options. There, you have to tap on your email address there (you can find it almost at the top of the page).
Here, you can set to reset your account by tapping on the corresponding section
- Now, you have just got to see the page of your account on Hotmail, where you can do many things.
You can also opt to add another Hotmail account to this account
- If you want to reset all the settings of your Hotmail account, you should tap on the “RESET ACCOUNT” text button.
If you wish to link any other email account to your Hotmail account, tap on this button
- You can also delete your Hotmail account by tapping on the “DELETE ACCOUNT” text button (read more about it here).
At this point, you have to enter your email address in the given field and tap on “CONTINUE”
- Additionally, you can change the advanced settings of your account by going to the “Advanced settings” section respectively.
- You can get back to the page of your app’s settings. There, you can tap on the “ADD ACCOUNT” text button, placed right below your email address there.
- Now, you should select “Add an email account” over “Add a storage account.”
- On the next page, you should enter your email address in the provided field and, right after doing it, tap on the “CONTINUE” text button.
- Following it, you will have to provide your password on the next page. Then, finalize the procedure by tapping on the “ADD ACCOUNT” button there.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Hotmail Password Change:
Q: How do I change my Hotmail password?
A: As you can understand from this step-by-step guide, you can change your Hotmail password after logging in to your account. Once you have accessed your account on Outlook, you should go to the page of your account settings, then go to the security settings, and start setting up a new password for your account. In order to change your password on Hotmail, you will be required to enter your old (current) password.
Q: How to change Hotmail password on iPhone?
A: Unfortunately, Hotmail currently does not provide an option of changing Hotmail password on mobile devices. We can only hope that this will be changed soon.
Q: How to change Hotmail password on Android phone?
A: You are not able to change your Hotmail password on Android devices either (read the answer above).
Q: How do I change my password for my Outlook email?
A: You can change your password for the Outlook email by following the first part of our guide, which shows how to change your Hotmail password on a PC step by step.
Q: Can I change my Hotmail password if I don’t know the old one?
A: Unfortunately, you are not able to change your Hotmail password if you don’t know the current password of yours. In such a case, you should start the procedure of the Hotmail password recovery, and you can read more about how to do it on this page.
Q: What should I have in order to change my current Hotmail password?
A: In order to change your current Hotmail password, you have to know your current email address and password. Then, you should simply log in to your account and change its password in the security settings of it.
Q: I followed all your instructions but cannot change my Hotmail password yet. What I should I do?
A: First of all, make sure that you have followed all our steps attentively. Secondly, make sure that you actually know your current password (and if you don’t know it, start the recovery process). If you still face the same error, you should contact the customer support of Hotmail.
Q: Can I change my Hotmail password without email?
A: You need your email address only in order to log in to your account. You will not need to use it for receiving a recovery code or anything like that. But you can’t change your Hotmail password without logging in to your account.