There is no doubt that the Netflix account security is important and requires a particular attention of yours.
Indeed, malefactors are unable to do much of the harm by accessing your account on Netflix, yet it may cause many headaches and woes you would rather prefer to avoid. However, the video streaming service has provided us only with two means of enhancing the Netflix account security (without taking into account the use of email for recovery): changing the password from time to time and adding the mobile phone number. So if you feel that you need to enhance the security of your Netflix account, follow the guidelines published below.
Click on this button, if you wish to log in to Netflix
- At first, you have to go the website of Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/.
- Once you have accessed the website, go to the sign in page by clicking on the button, located in the right-upper corner.
After typing the email address and the password in the fields above, click on this button
- On the Netflix sign in page, use your email address and password for accessing the account of yours. Click on the “Sign in” button.
You have to choose one of your account’s profiles before to getting access to the website
- Immediately after doing so, Netflix will ask you to choose one of the profiles for viewing the content. Do so by clicking on one of the profiles.
Go to “Your Account” in order to access the settings of your Netflix account security
- Go to the settings of your account by clicking on the profile name, placed, once again, in the right-upper corner. You will get to see a pop-up menu, and you should click on “Your Account” there.
- After doing so, you will access the settings of your account. All the actions you will perform now will be carried in the “MEMBERSHIP & BILLING” section. On the right, you will see various text buttons. Click on the “Change Password” text button.
You can enhance the Netflix account security by taking advantage of these two text buttons
- On the next page, you will be able to set up a new password. Enter the actual password in the first field. In the next two fields, enter the password you have just made up. Choose whether you want to log out or remain signed in with the other devices of yours by placing or removing a tick near “Require all devices…” Click on the “Save” button.
You need to change the password of your Netflix account from time to time
- After your password has been updated, go back to the page of settings. Now, click on the “Add phone number” button.
Adding a phone number is an additional safety measure
- On the following page, you need to enter the phone number you want to add in the first field. Type the actual password in the second field. Place a tick below, if you wish to receive text messages from Netflix. Click on the “Save” button.