If you have changed your email address and your PayPal account remains linked to the old email address, you should necessarily change it for the sake of convenience and security. Thankfully, there is nothing difficult in doing that and the entire procedure takes only a couple of minutes. This guide will demonstrate you how to change email address on PayPal step by step.
You need to log in to your account in the first place before you will be able to change email address on PayPal
- At first, you have to open the browser of yours and go to the following website: https://www.paypal.com/.
After completing the sign in form, you should click on this button and proceed further
- On the main webpage of PayPal, you should click on the “Log in” button, which can be found in the right-upper corner of that page.
You can change email address on PayPal by accessing the page of your PayPal account’s settings
- Following it, you have to complete a sign in form and log in to your PayPal account. So, enter your email address (an old one) in the first field and your password in the second field. Then, click on “Log In.”
You need to click on this button in order to add a new email address to your PayPal account
- Once you have got to see the webpage of your PayPal account, you need to click on the “Settings” button, which you can find in the right-upper corner.
You should specify a new email address in the given field and click on this button
- On the page of your PayPal account’s settings, you can change your email address. For that, you have to click on the “+” button in the “Email address” section.
This message shows that you have not confirmed your email address yet
- Following it, you should enter your email address in the field on the next page and click on the “Add an email address” button.
This way looks an email confirmation letter sent by PayPal, and you need to click on this button
- You have just added an email address, but it remains unconfirmed. Now, you have to go the inbox of your new email address.
You have to enter your password on this page and click on the specified button
- In the inbox, you should find a letter from PayPal and open it.
- Following it, you have to click on the “Confirm My Email Address” button, embedded in that letter.
Now, you can edit the newly added email address and make it a primary one for your PayPal account
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your password in order to confirm a new email address. Thus, you have to enter your password in the given field on that page and click on the “Confirm Email Address” button.
- Now, you have to click on the “Edit” text button near a new email address.
You need to check the box near “Make this…” and click on the large blue button
- On the next page, you have to place a tick near “Make this…” Click on the “Change email address” button.
You can also learn how to sign in to your PayPal account.