One of the things you should do on Pinterest from time to time is actually changing your password. Frequent changes of your password on Pinterest are needed to ensure the safety and security of your account. Moreover, you should bear in mind that you must always set up strong and reliable passwords. If you don’t have a clue how to change password on Pinterest, you should just stick to the guidelines, published on this page. Our step-by-step guide will demonstrate you how to change your password easily and quickly.
💻 Change Pinterest Password on PC Step by Step:
Before you will learn how to change password on Pinterest, you need to log in to your Pinterest account in the first place
- In the first place, you have to open your browser and access the following website: https://www.pinterest.com/.
- Once you have done that, you should spot the “Log in” button to the right and click on it.
In order to change password on Pinterest, you need to click on this button and trigger a menu of settings
- Following it, you have to type your email address in the first field and password in the second field on that page. Then, you should click on the “Continue” button in order to sign in to the Pinterest account of yours.
In this menu, you should click on this menu item in order to proceed further and change your Pinterest password
- After you have accessed your Pinterest account, you should draw your attention to the button, located in the right-upper corner. Then, you should click on that button.
At the top of the page of your profile’s settings, you can find this button and you should click on it
- Once you have triggered a pop-up menu after clicking on that button, you have to click on the “Edit settings” option.
- Following that action, you will get to see the page of your Pinterest account’s settings. That is the place where you change password on Pinterest.
You need to type your old password in the first field, while the new password should be typed in the following two fields
- At the top of the settings page, you will notice the “Change your password” button. You should click on it.
- Right after that, you will get to see a window where you will be able to change your password. You should enter your old password in the first field. Then, make up a reliable password for your Pinterest account and enter it in the remaining two fields. At the end, you should click on the “Change Password” button.
After you have clicked on the “Change Password” button (and if everything was correct), you will get to see such a notification
- Immediately after doing so, you will get to see a notification that your password has been changed. From that moment on, you will have to use your new password for logging in to your Pinterest account.
📱 Change Pinterest Password on iPhone or Android Phone:
If you want to change your Pinterest password even while you are away from your PC or laptop, you can do it in a pretty simple and convenient way. And we recommend you to change your password in Pinterest not by using a mobile browser, but by using the official mobile application of Pinterest (you can read how to install it here). All in all, this part of our article will show you how to do it step by step. If you have any questions, let us know about them in the comments ?!
Before you will start changing your Pinterest password, you must access your Pinterest mobile app
- In the first place, you should tap on the icon of the Pinterest app on your smartphone in order to launch it.
After entering your email address, you must tap on this button and log in to your account on Pinterest
- Once you have accessed this mobile application, you will have to sign in to your account on Pinterest. In order to do that, you should type your email address in the field, placed in the center of the page. Then, tap on the “Continue” button.
In order to access your account on Pinterest, you must also enter your current password
- Right after doing so, you must enter your Pinterest password and tap the “Log in” button on the next page.
In order to start changing your Pinterest password, you must open the page of your Pinterest profile
- Once you have accessed your Pinterest account, you can start changing your password on Pinterest. At the bottom of that page, you will get to see four buttons – you have to tap on the “Saved” button, which is located to the right side.
At this point, you must tap on the pointed button and get to see the page of your Pinterest account’s settings
- After you have entered the page of your Pinterest profile, you should tap on the “Settings” button, placed in the right-upper corner (look at the screenshot).
If you wish to change the password of your Pinterest account, you must start editing your account’s settings here
- Now, you should start editing the settings of your Pinterest profile. For that purpose, you have to tap on the “Edit settings” menu item.
This is the place where you can start changing your password on Pinterest
- On the next page, you can tap on the “Password” section and start editing your password.
At this point, you can enter your old password here and start changing the password on Pinterest
- Now, you have just got to see several additional fields. First of all, you have to enter your current (old) password under the “Old password” section.
After you have made up a strong password for your Pinterest account, you have to type it in these two fields
- Then, you have to make up a password for your Pinterest account. In order to ensure that your password is strong enough, we recommend that your Pinterest password must include special symbols, capital letters, small letters and digits.
If you wish to apply the changes to your password, you should simply tap anywhere on this page
- Once you have come up with a new Pinterest password, you can apply it to your account. For that purpose, you should type your new password in the next two fields of the password change form.
- After you have filled all the fields of this form, you may tap anywhere else (beyond this form) in order to apply the changes to your Pinterest password.
Once you have got to see this page in this way again, it means that your Pinterest password has been changed
- Immediately after that, this page will be seen as it was before you had started to change your password. This means that a new password has been applied to your Pinterest account. From that moment on, you will have to use a new password every time you will attempt to sign in to your account on Pinterest.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Pinterest Password Change:
Q: Why should I consider changing my Pinterest password?
A: First of all, you may consider to change your Pinterest password in order to update it to a better and more memorable one personally for yourself. Secondly, it is recommended to change your passwords at least once per two months and we highly recommend you to stick to this advice.
Q: Is it difficult to change my Pinterest password?
A: As our article shows, you can change your password on Pinterest in a quick and easy way. Yet, there are certain preconditions that must be met: you should be logged in to your account and you must know your current (old) password.
Q: How can I change my Pinterest password from PC?
A: As a matter of fact, changing your Pinterest password on PC is, perhaps, the easiest and quickest way to do it. If you want to do it, you should just follow the guidelines of the first part of our guide.
Q: How do I change my Pinterest password if I login with Facebook?
A: If you have signed up for Pinterest by using your Facebook account and you want to update your password, there are a couple of things you should do. First of all, sign in to your account on Pinterest. Secondly, go to the settings of your account and add an email address. Then, you can set up a separate password for your Pinterest account.
Q: How to change your Pinterest password on Pinterest app?
A: In fact, it does not tend to be much more difficult than on PC. In order to change your password in the official Pinterest app, you should simply stick to the guidelines of the second part of our guide.
Q: How to change password on Pinterest when you forgot old password?
A: Unfortunately, there is no way to change your Pinterest password if you have forgotten your current (old) password. Therefore, you must start the Pinterest password recovery procedure in order to change your password.
Q: Why did Pinterest change my password?
A: Pinterest does not change anyone’s passwords. If you have faced a situation that you can’t log in to your account although you are sure that you haven’t changed your password, you must immediately content the Pinterest customer support and describe your issue. The sooner you will contact the customer support, the sooner you will get your account back.
Q: How do I reset my Pinterest account?
A: In order to reset an account on Pinterest, you must follow the guidelines of this article.
Q: How do I change my interest on Pinterest?
A: Indeed, interests are an important setting on Pinterest, and you can change your interests on the Pinterest profile page of yours. For that, you must go to Profile Page > Profiles & Pins > Following > Interests.
Q: What if I follow all your guidelines, but cannot change my password on Pinterest?
A: First of all, you have to make sure that you haven’t missed an important step. Once you have done that and you still face an error, you should contact the Pinterest customer support or describe your issue here.
Q: What are the requirements for a Pinterest password?
A: Actually, Pinterest supports quite weak passwords and there is only one requirement: the password must be longer than 6 symbols. The presence of digits, capital letters and special symbols does not matter.
Q: How to make a strong Pinterest password?
A: If you wish to make a strong Pinterest password, we recommend you to use a combination of small letters, capital letters, digits, and special symbols. This will make your account less vulnerable.
You can also get to know how to create a Pinterest account.