You may always have a need to change password in Skype from time to time. Microsoft, as always, has made it to be quite a lengthy procedure. But this guide will show you how to change password in Skype step by step and without much of an effort. You should simply follow the guidelines.
Before you will be able to change password in Skype, you should launch this application
- You should begin by finding the Skype app icon on your smartphone and tapping on it.
You should click on your profile photo in order to access the page of settings
- Once you have got to see the chats page in Skype, you should tap on your profile photo icon, placed at the top.
If you want to change password in Skype, you need to scroll down
- After you have got to see the page of the settings of your Skype account, you should scroll down till you will find the “Account and profile” section. Tap on it.
You are able to change password in Skype in this section of your Skype account’s settings
- On the following page, you have to tap on the “Your account” section.
You need to tap here in order to start changing your password
- Right after that, you will get to see the Microsoft profile page. You need to scroll down till you will get to see the “Account settings” text button.
You have to scroll down below a bit
- Once you have got to see the “Account settings” text button, tap on it.
If you wish to change your Skype password, you need to access this page
- On the next page, you will get to see the “Change Microsoft password” text button. Tap on it.
You can change your password in Skype on this page
- You will be asked to enter the password from your Skype again. Do it and tap on the “Sign in” button.
You need to repeat your current password in this field and proceed further
- Then, you will be asked to confirm the possession over your account either via an email address or via a phone number. Choose the method simply by tapping on it.
You will be asked to verify your identity with a phone number or email address
- Then, you will have to type the last digits of your phone number or the full email address of yours and tap on “Send Code.”
You need to type the verification code you have received in this field
- Following it, you should enter the verification code you have received in a given field.
You need to skip this page and start setting up a new password for your Skype account
- After it, you will have to click on the “No thanks” text button.
This page finally allows you to set up a new password for your Skype account
- Finally, you can set up a new password. Enter the old password in the first field. Type your new password in the two remaining fields. Tap on the “Save” button.
This guide will also show you how to sign up for Skype.