After you have signed up for Skype, among the first things you should configure must be exactly notifications. Considering that notifications may be quite annoying and bothering if you don’t configure them on time, it is better to configure these settings once you have created an account with Skype. This article will demonstrate you how to manage Skype notifications step by step, and you have just to stick to the following instructions.
The first thing you should do is to tap on the Skype icon and log in to this messenger
- The first thing you should do is to click on the Skype app icon and launch this application.
In order to manage Skype notifications, you will have to click on your profile photo and access the page of your account’s settings
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of chats in Skype. There, you need to tap on the profile photo icon of yours, which is located in the top part of that page.
If you want to manage notifications in Skype, you should scroll down and find that section on this page of the settings
- Following it, you will get to see the page of the settings of your Skype profile. There, you need to scroll down until you will get to see the “Notifications” settings.
The next step of yours must be tapping on this section, and this will allow you to proceed further and manage Skype notifications
- Once you have spotted the “Notifications” settings section, you should tap on that section.
This is the page where you can configure Skype notifications with ease
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can manage your notifications settings in Skype. Let’s begin with doing it. First of all, you will be able to enable or disable push notifications:
Chat notifications. You will receive no push notifications if you disable this setting.
LED. If you disable this setting, the push notifications will come without LED lights.
Vibrate. If you disable this setting, the push notifications will come without vibration.
- Then, you can configure in-app notifications:
Chat banner notifications. You can disable this setting and you won’t see notifications about new messages when you are in Skype.
Tips and tricks. These are tips from Skype and you can disable them.
In-app sounds. You can just turn off all the in-app sounds.
As you can see, the number of the settings in this section is really overwhelming
- There is also a setting for the “Do not disturb” mode:
Show chat notifications. Even though you can enable the notifications for the “Do not disturb” mode, we don’t recommend it.
- After all, you can configure highlights:
New highlights follow requests.
Highlights follow request accepted.
You can disable notifications in Skype simply by tapping on the buttons beside them
- If you want to enable or disable a particular notification type, you should simply tap on the button, placed next to it.