One of the most important things to configure in every messenger is the privacy settings. Considering that privacy must be your key priority, it is not something surprising that you should really take care much in order not to let it be threatened. This article will illustrate you how to manage Skype privacy settings step by step, so you will find no issues while attempting to configure these settings. Enjoy!
The first step of yours must be to launch this mobile application
- In the first place, you should tap on the Skype app icon on your smartphone and launch the app.
If you click on your profile photo, you will access the page of the settings of your Skype account
- Following it, you will get to see the page of Skype with your chats. There, you have to tap on the profile photo icon, which is placed at the top of that page.
You need to scroll down in order to find the settings of your Skype account there
- Right after that, you will get to see the settings of your Skype profile. You need to scroll it down till you will stumble upon the “Privacy” section.
If you want to manage Skype privacy settings, you should tap on this section
- Once you have got to see the “Privacy” section, you should tap on it.
This part of the privacy section settings allows the users to notify about the issues they experience in Skype
- Now, you are viewing the page where you can configure your privacy settings in Skype. First of all, it is worth to note that you can configure the first two settings: synchronize your contacts and share location with Bing (the first two lines). If you want to do it, you should tap on the buttons, placed next to those options. Yet, we recommend having these features turned off.
You can send diagnostics logs on the following page
- Then, you can tap on the “Diagnostics tools” section. After that, you should tap on “Send diagnostics logs.”
You can copy your diagnostics logs in the field that is shown there
- Now, you have just got to see the page where you can send diagnostics logs to Skype and solve your tech issues. Just place them in the given field and tap on the “Send diagnostics logs” button.
This page does not only allow you to manage Skype privacy settings, but also to unblock the users whom you have blocked previously
- Then, get back to the page of the privacy settings. Tap on “Manage blocked users.”
- Now, you have got to see the page where you can manage blocked users and, if it’s needed, unblock them.
- Get back to the page of the privacy settings. Tap on “Manage how people find you on Skype.”
Here are the other things you can manage in the Skype privacy settings section
- This is the page where you can configure whether you appear in search results in Skype. If you don’t want others to find you, you can tap on the button next to “Appear in search results and suggestions.”
You can find more guides for Skype on this page.