If you have changed your mobile phone number, you shouldn’t worry about your accounts in messengers, since every messenger provides you with an opportunity to change your phone number. Viber is naturally not an exception, and you can easily change a phone number on this messenger. This article will demonstrate you how to change phone number in Viber step by step and with ease.
Your first step must be tapping on this icon in order to launch the app
- First of all, you have to look for the Viber icon on your smartphone and tap on it. That will launch the mobile application.
You need to tap on this menu icon in order to prompt a Viber menu
- Once you have done that, you will get to see your page with Viber chats. On that page, you should tap on the menu icon, which is located in the left-upper corner.
If you want to change phone number in Viber, you have to access the page of settings
- That will result in opening a pop-up menu, in which you should tap on the “Settings” menu item.
You can change phone number in Viber by going to the “Account” section of the settings
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of your Viber account’s settings. There, you should select “Account” among other settings sections.
You need to tap on this option in order to change phone number in Viber
- On the following page, you have to tap on the “Change Phone Number” option.
If you truly want to change your phone number, you should tap on this text button
- At the top of the next page, you will notice the “New phone number” section. There, you should tap on the “CONTINUE” text button in order to proceed further.
You will change your phone number in Viber after you tap on this text button
- Then, you will receive a notification that all the other users will receive a notification that you have changed a number. You should tap on the “CONTINUE” text button.
At this point, you should specify your new phone number and tap on the “Continue” button
- On the next page, you have to select a country code and type your new phone number in the given field. Then, you have to tap on the “Continue” button.
You need to tap on this button and your phone number will be changed
- You will be asked whether your number is correct. You should tap on the “YES” text button in order to proceed further.
You have to enter a verification code in this field and your phone number will immediately be changed in Viber
- Then, you will receive an SMS verification code containing 6 digits, and you should enter it in the provided field (but most likely, it will be detected automatically and you will have to do nothing).
- In a moment, your Viber account will be linked to a new phone number.
More guides for Viber can be found on this page.