When you start using a particular messenger, there are plenty of things you should configure before it will turn into something not good for you. For instance, we recommend you to configure calls and messages in Viber right after you have signed up for this messenger. Among the things that you can configure in this section of the Viber settings, there are such features like the video calls, proximity sensor, or press Enter to send. This guide will actually help you in configuring these settings, as you will learn how to configure calls and messages in Viber step by step.
Prior to getting an ability to configure calls and messages in Viber, you should tap on this app icon and launch the application
- In the first place, you have to look for the icon of the Viber app on your smartphone and, once you have found it, tap on it.
You can configure calls and messages in Viber with ease, yet you have to prompt the Viber menu at first
- After you have successfully launched the application, you will get to see the page with your Viber chats. You will also notice the menu button, which is located in the left-upper corner of that page – you have to click on that button.
In order to configure the settings of your Viber account, you should tap on this option and access the page of the settings
- That will trigger a pop-up menu, where you have to select “Settings” among other menu items.
You can configure calls and messages in Viber after tapping on this option
- Once you have accessed the page of the settings of your Viber account, you should tap on the “Calls and messages” section.
In particular, we recommend you to enable these two features for a more comfortable use of your Viber messenger
- Now, you have got to see the page of the Viber settings where you can configure calls and messages. There are the following features available that you can configure:
Viber-In Calls. We recommend to keep this feature enabled, as it allows you to receive and make calls from/to regular phone numbers.
Receive Service Messages. If you don’t want to receive messages from this service, we recommend you to disable this feature (it is enabled by default).
Video calls. You can disable video calls, but we actually don’t recommend doing it.
Use device proximity sensor. You can keep your screen on even when talking to someone through Viber. We recommend you to consider enabling this feature.
Press enter to send. This feature will allow you to send messages anytime you will tap on the “Enter” button. We recommend to enable this feature.
As you can see, these two features have just been enabled in the Viber account
- In order to enable or disable a particular feature, you should simply tap on the button next to that feature.