There are many things that the Viber messenger allows you to configure. One of quite important sections of the Viber settings is the Viber media settings. For instance, the page of the Viber media settings allows you to delete all your voice messages and videos in order to reduce the use of the storage. Or, for instance, you may restrict data usage, which will result in lower mobile data usage (and this may be particularly important when you are abroad). All in all, this guide will demonstrate you how to configure Viber media settings step by step.
There is nothing difficult to configure Viber media settings, yet you need to access the app in the first place
- In the first place, you should find the Viber icon on your smartphone and tap on that icon. That will result in launching the application.
If you tap on this menu button, you will immediately trigger a pop-up menu in Viber
- Following it, you will get to see the page with your chats in Viber. On that page, you have to tap on the menu icon, which is placed in the left-upper corner there.
In order to configure Viber media settings, you should tap on this option and proceed further
- Once you have tapped on the menu icon and prompted a pop-up menu, you should tap on the “Settings” menu item.
You are able to configure Viber media settings by accessing this section of your Viber account’s settings
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of your Viber account’s settings. There, you have to tap on the “Media” section in order to start configuring Viber media settings.
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can configure your media settings. The first three media settings there include:
Auto download media over mobile network. We don’t recommend you to enable this feature, as you may spend too much mobile data in such a case.
Auto download media when connected to Wi-Fi. If you prefer not to take advantage of automatic downloads, you may disable this feature.
Delete old Videos and Voice messages. If you enable this feature, your old voice messages and videos will automatically be deleted.
- You can also enable the mobile data saver feature by tapping on the button next to “Restrict data usage.”
One of the things you can do while configuring Viber media settings is restricting data usage and, thus, saving mobile data
- Additionally, you can delete all the videos and voice messages in Viber. For that, you should tap on the “Delete Video and Voice messages” option.
You can tap on this option and delete all voice messages and videos that you have in Viber
- Following it, you have to tap on the “CLEAR” text button.
If you are sure about deleting all the videos and voice messages, you should tap on this text button
- Right after that, all the videos and voice messages will be deleted.
If you still have not signed up for Viber, you can find out how to do it here.