If the data you have on your Viber account is precious for you, we recommend you to carry out backups from time to time. This step-by-step guide will not only demonstrate you how to make backup in Viber, but will also show you how to schedule regular automatic backups. You have just to follow the instructions.
The first step of yours must be opening this mobile app
- You can start the entire procedure by finding the Viber icon on your smartphone and tapping on it.
If you want to make backup in Viber, you need to trigger this app menu
- Once you have launched the Viber app, you should tap on the menu button, which is placed in the left-upper part of the page.
You need to tap on this menu item and access the page of the settings of your Viber account
- In the Viber menu that you have just got to see, you should tap on the “Settings” button.
You can tap on this section in the account’s settings in order to make backup in Viber
- Right after that, you should tap on the “Account” section.
In order to back up the message history in Viber, you should tap on this option
- In order to take advantage of the backup feature, you should tap on the “Viber Backup” section on the following page.
You have to get your Viber account connected to Google Drive
- Now, you have just got to see the page where you can carry out backups. In the first place, you should connect your Viber account to Google Drive. Tap on the “Settings” text button.
You will be asked to choose which Google account you want to use for backing up the message history
- Then, you have to select your Gmail account that you want to use for backups. Tap on the “OK” text button.
You need to tap on this text button in order to proceed further and make backup in Viber
- After that, you will get to see that you can start a backup. For that, you should tap on the “Back up” option.
You are able to set up an auto backup in Viber, if you wish to do so
- You will immediately notice how the backup process has begun. Once the progress will reach 100%, that will imply that the backup has finished.
As you can see, there can be different schedules of automatic backups in Viber
- You can also set up regular automatic backups. For that, you should tap on “Auto backup.”
This line shows the progress of the message history getting backed up
- In the new window, you should select how often should be regular automatic backups: daily, weekly, or monthly – you need just to tap on the option that interests you.
Now, you can see when the backup was carried out last time
- Immediately after that, the feature of automatic backups will be enabled.
More Viber guides can be found on this page.